Monday, November 27, 2006

wha- whe- how- ???

only a condensed version this time, you'll be pleased to hear... I'm still here, alive and kicking (lots of kicking, not so much life). Have just been to Port Moresby for a few days for a meeting, and now work is even more crazy than it's been so far. Surely it will let up soon, all these jobs have their lulls, right?

Other developments:
1. I'm forgetting how to speak English... couldn't decide whether 'operationalizing' was really a word when I was reading through someone else's bit of a funding proposal. Certainly would be in pidgin (along with classics like developmentis-im, strategis-im, plann-im, etc.), but not so sure from the point of view of a US donor.
2. A fellow AYAD hassled me the other day about working too hard and not doing my job as far as the AYAD program is concerned (not enough 'capacity building'). After agonising moments of extra guilt and feeling even more hopeless than before, have decided to apply Solomons Time to this dilemma, for now.
3. You'll have to make the rest up... I'm tired and going home for now.


This is a picture of my workmate/counterpart John Pita and a new friend he made while at the meeting in PNG.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 pm, Blogger Mummy/Crit said...

That is quite a parrot! I'm not sure about 'operationalizing'. it sounds like american to me.

Hey, I like your weatherpixie, you got cloud! We're going on to more water restrictions soon. Bugger.

 
At 8:37 am, Blogger laura said...

Yes, unfortunately WWF's style guide specifies american spelling so I'll have to get used to that...

My pixie is random, but seems to be mainly sticking to men so far! I wanted to use another weather thing I've seen which reports the temperature and the (humidity?) adjusted reading (so for here it might be "24 deg, feels like 38") but it required creating an account etc... and no groovy pic. Have had lots of exciting thunderstorms lately, and lots of rain which is good b/c the water's been off, and I've been a bit worried that our rainwater might run out too!

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home